- No food or drink (except water) 6 hours prior to arrival time.
- Wear warm, loose-fitting clothing.
- May take regularly scheduled medication with water.
- Take pain medication, if needed, prior to arrival time.
- If you are claustrophobic, obtain a prescription for medication to be taken the morning of your PET/CT Scan. If you require medication for claustrophobia, please do not plan on driving the day of your PET/CT Scan
Please consult with your doctor to determine the dose or amount of diabetic medication you should take when fasting.
Your glucose level must be less than 200 mg/dl to ensure an accurate exam. You will be asked to reschedule if your blood sugar level is too high.
Unaccompanied children: Please do not bring children with you unless they are the patient scheduled for the exam. If adult patients must bring children with them, we do ask that another adult be present to supervise.
If you have any questions, you may reach us at 301.714.4200.